Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Zanmi'm-My friend

Zanmi means friend in Creole. A friend is "a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard" according to dictionary.com (Sorry, I don't have access to Webster's). I have met many friends here in Haiti, but one in particular has been my friend the longest even though she doesn't really realize it. I have prayed for her for two years and hoped for the best for her. She was in so many of my thoughts after the earthquake and I did not know what had happened to her until I moved to Haiti. Recently, I took a group back to her home and was elated that I recognized her and she seemed to remember me.
M. and I at her home prior to the earthquake
2010
M. is very sweet, loving and caring to the children of the orphanage that her father has started near my house. At one time, prior to the earthquake, the orphanage had more than 40 children. This particular orphanage is a place where parents can bring their children that they cannot support. Parents can come and pick up there children at any time. M. has several brothers and sisters and I am not sure if she is the youngest, but she is currently 16.

Friends reunited
2012
Today, M. found out some news which she would like to keep to herself for now. In the coming days I hope that I can be a better friend to M.
Please keep her in your prayers she needs so many right now! 

1 comment:

  1. Love, hugs and prayers for Zanmi M and you as you support her through her trials.

    ReplyDelete