This past week and weekend I hosted 6 groups from the US, who were in for the CONASPEH bi-annual congress. It was a fantastic event with the theme of "The Protestant Church: facing its destiny." I was so busy with groups I did not have as many chances as I would have liked to hear the keynote addresses, but the majority of the talks were based on the political advantages of the Catholic Church in Haiti and how the Protestant Church can get on even footing. Two of the US ministers in town also presented, one is the President of the organization that I work for, Global Ministries. Roughly14 pastors were ordained as bishops, 40 pastors were ordained, 45 nurses were capped and thousands of people were fed. On top of that Patrick Villier was recognized for all of his work at CONASPEH with a new title of Bishop to the Bishops.
SUNDAY WAS A BIG DAY!
| Michael Yarbrough speaking on the Separation of Church and State in the United States. |
| Ordaining Patrick Villier Bishop of Bishops |
| Ordaining of the Bishops |
| Looks like a lot, but I know they were praying for some loaves and fishes! (Sidenote: I condemn all use of styrofoam in Haiti, praying for an eco-friendly alternative soon!) |
| The beautiful nurses who were capped! Capping is a tradition in Haiti and the United States for first year nurses. |
To end the festivities and wrap up the trip of Felix Ortiz (my boss at Global Ministries) and Julie Brown-Karimu (the President of Global Ministries), Felix hosted a CONASPEH board meeting and dinner at the La Plaza Hotel. I am sure it would have been very nice, however one of the members of his delegation became very ill. Patrick Villier tooka few of us to a clinic that was very nice. The doctor was so kind and took really good care of the sick person. Bless her heart, she had a really rough time. I ended up staying with her overnight in the clinic. I was a little nervous but the doctor and his wife were very nice. The clinic is primarily an OB/GYN but he also does emergencies and home visits. Let's just say in the event of an emergency I know where to go now! The person is feeling much better and was able to make her flight home, I pray that she continues to recover.
SUNDAY WAS A LONG DAY!


Katie, FYI she was across the asile from us on the plane to Miami I believe they were planning to take her to the Hospital there when they arrived. She barely lifted her head the entire flight.
ReplyDelete