This past week the minister, John, spoke about LOVE. I mean he had to right, Valentine's Day was coming up. He went through many verses talking about love but he hit one of my favorites and emphasized God's desire for us to have Agape love towards all who are near us, not just the ones we love.
Just as this church has already shown Jeanette and I AGAPE LOVE; to strangers and everyone I meet I hope that I can be loving:
Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered.
It doesn't keep record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth but not evil.
Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful and trusting.
Love never fails!
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
Sidenote: This church dedicates 43% of their tithes and offerings to missions abroad, only one in Haiti. They hope to one day dedicate 80% of their giving to missions. That's pretty impressive! I can't wait to go their more and get to know people better.


That was our EXACT sermon at church on Sunday!! Then yesterday, I walked in to class and this verse was on my Prof daily calendar. Now it's on your blog!! Craziness!! I miss you so much and we have soooo much to catch up on! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHello Katie, I hope this comment finds you well. I am the person that walked out of the PAP airport with you the day you arrived in Haiti. It was a pleasure meeting you. Anyway, I have found and am following your blog. I hope you will follow mine too at: www.http://thecunninghamslife.blogspot.com/ Blessings, Preston
ReplyDelete