Saturday, June 2, 2012

Woodmont Christian Church

Today is the day I have been waiting for! After 5 whole months Woodmont Christian Church, my Nashville church, will be arriving. I am excited to see old, good friends and to make some new friends too. Woodmont CC needs lots of prayers for their journey; the last time they were here was January 2010. Things did not go as we had planned. 


I pray that this visit will be different. That this trip will be full of comfort and not terror, full of hope and faith and not questions like "Why did you let this happen?"

This week Woodmont will be helping to construct a small church and school in Canaan. Canaan is a permanent camp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan,_Haiti) that cropped up after the earthquake. Many of the people living there are currently in tents but are rebuilding permanent homes to live in. This church Woodmont is working on is like that as well.  There will be 3 really hot days of construction with no shade to protect their "blan" (white) skin. I know that this will be an opportunity for the people of the church and Woodmont to share hope, faith and love.




I pray that no one will get any heat related illnesses or any illnesses for that matter and that our time there will be a blessing to all. 

I know that my friends and my church will have a wonderful time forming a better relationship with CONASPEH and the people of Haiti. Its going to be interesting to see how our perspectives differ now that I live here full time and they are coming as a short-term group. I am excited to show them all of the parts of Haiti-the good and beautiful side and the side that needs to be loved and  partnered with to make it a wonderful place. I hope to take them to a project called Wynne Farm where we can do some hiking in the beautiful mountains and forests and to a super fun event at the Hotel Oloffson...this one is a surprise! Haiti is more than poverty and I hope that they see that when they are here.


I pray that they will see all of Haiti and love Haiti for more than orphans and those in need. 


Please keep Woodmont Christian Church and Stephanie and Jeremiah Weeden-Wright, Trey and Merillat Flowers, Rob and Kay Quinn, Sara Kate Allen, Kimmy Bennett, and Ashley Worthington in your prayers this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment