The other day, I had a chance to go to the pool near my house. Personal time is important here and taking care of yourself has to be a priority. So I find myself there often in the late afternoon or on a Saturday with friends. I was waiting on my friend Allison to meet me there and was listening to my iPod. Beautiful Day by U2 came on; I really love this song! A few phrases stuck out to me that reminded me of my time here in Haiti:
The traffic is stuck
And you're not moving anywhere
 |
| You're on the road But you've got no destination You're in the mud In the maze of her imagination |
Those particular parts stuck out to me because I was in that place. That place where I thought I had lost sight of my faith of my time here, of what God was calling me to do. I was stuck in traffic, I saw the road but knew not the destination. I think I really struggle with that here in Haiti and back home in Nashville.
WHAT IS GOD'S PLAN FOR ME? WHY DON'T I KNOW IT!!!!!!?????
Well, its not for me to know, its supposed to be revealed to me. And I have faith that it will thanks to Jeremiah 29:11, for one. But what about those times that I struggle and I don't know. Man, those days are hard. Thank goodness those verses are only in the first part of the song and not what it's really about. U2 goes on to say:
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day
Look back at those same pictures...where do you find beauty? I see beautiful colors, people working, a clear sky, and even a cross in the road with God's bright light shining through. The beauty of Haiti is all around and the beauty in our lives can be seen wherever we are. That's the beauty of the day! There is direction and a plan, I just have to wait and see when it is revealed to me.
In the meantime....
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day
 |
| My friend Allison and I at the pool. Making the most of a beautiful day, not letting it get away. |
You have such an incredible attitude in life Katie! It IS a beautiful day!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are writing again. I miss you my dear friend!
ReplyDeleteGreat insight :) You always have wise words to share and I enjoy hearing everything you have to say!
ReplyDelete