This past week I have been extremely blessed to share time in Haiti with my church. I was blessed to see Haiti through their eyes, blessed to work with the pastor that we started a relationship with, blessed to introduce my Creole teacher to people who could help with his dreams, and blessed to spend time with people that I love. I am truly grateful to God for putting it on the hearts of these 9 people to travel to Haiti. I am so grateful that I had a way to fight some of my homesickness with an extra special dose of home and church.
![]() |
| Last picture with the group |
![]() |
| Hearing Pastor Desauguste's news (Pastor is located in the center) |
The pastor's immediate thoughts were to praise God!
I know this because he called Patrick Villier, leader of CONASPEH, and said how grateful he was to God for the group (Woodmont) coming to his church and sharing the time with him and his members. How grateful he was for all the work that was done, and the supplies that they gave. Then, and only then, he told Patrick about what had happened. He then said Thank you to God that we are still alive and unharmed!
WOW! I did thank God and was completely aware of the blessing I was given of being unharmed, but only after I had done a complete inventory of the material possessions I had lost and called my mother to get them all replaced.
"If I am truly in Christ, mustn't my initial act, too, always be an act of thanksgiving,
returning to Jesus with thanks on the lips?"
One Thousand Gifts Ann Voskamp
Please say an extra special prayer of thanksgiving that Pastor Desauguste and his family was unharmed, that he is a pastor in a community that desperately needs people like him to lead and offer programs and services to the community, and that he can continue to a have a joyful, thankful spirit in this life of adversity and struggle. And please continue to pray for me that I may be thankful in every up and down that is my life here in Haiti.




No comments:
Post a Comment