A big shout out to everyone in the states! I am so appreciative of the last month when I was back home enjoying the comforts of air conditioning, nice roads, hot showers and oh yeah....air conditioning! :)
Thank you to Global Ministries for sending to me the National Youth event where I hosted a workshop with 4 other Global Ministries mission personnel and met some wonderful people, including J.R. Martinez. It was a joy to spend the most time with Lynnea Morse a missionary from China that had recently returned from 5 years of work there. She had wonderful stories! It was a joy to spend time with Sarah Reister and everyone from GM!
 |
| J.R. Martinez and I chatted backstage before I had to lead a call to worship in front of thousands! |
Thank you to Hope Hodnett, Kasey Smith and others at Junior Camp at Bethany Hills. So much fun! Loved meeting my sweet bunkmates too. I was probably not the best chaperone...but hey you know it only matters that everyone smiled and was happy the whole time!
 |
| Kasey Smith and I teaching about the parable of the lost sheep! Haitian candy was enjoyed by all! |
 |
| Bunkmates at Bethany Hills |
Thank you to Margie Pride, for picking me up at the airport, letting me stay at your house and enjoy being with you! Thank you also to Brian Kirk, Jenn Schultz, Penny Ross-Corona, and Memorial Boulevard Christian Church for making Camp MoVal fun and giving me the ability to share about Haiti! Thanks so much to Lindsey Mercer for coming to see me, so good to reunite with friends, yummy St. Louis pizza and beautiful Guatamalan sandals!
 |
| Youth girls leading a Haitian Creole prayer at Worship, beautiful! |
 |
| Lindsey and I documenting the reunion! |
 |
| Jenn, Desmond and I enjoying breakfast! |
 |
| Margie, what a blessing you are! |
Thank you to my parents for a wonderful, but short, weekend in Texas! I loved seeing y'all and wish it could have been longer, but December 20th is only a few short months away. Karlie I am ready for you to be home in Tennessee, don't worry you won't be with Kizzie forever. Rachel, I am so grateful we could share yummy Mexican food together. Amy and boys, thanks so much for hanging out for our traditional breakfast!
 |
| Yum, Mexican with my bestie! |
I can't say enough thank you's to everyone who purchased items from my Amazon Wishlist for the English class I will be teaching again in the fall. WOW, is all I can say! Over 34 books were purchased along with craft supplies, school supplies, learning tools and classroom decor! MESI ANPIL and BONDYE BENI OU! Thank you Sandy Smith for allowing people to send the items to your home and organizing them for me! Huge help!
Thank you also to the Reflections Class at Woodmont CC for allowing me to come and chat with the class and helping with my English class and the computer for Cauvin (He loves it)! I truly enjoyed sharing Haiti with you and would love to come back with more stories when I return. Before I left, I was able to purchase more supplies for my class and it's because of you all! Thank you so much to Susan and Jim Batson for being the champions behind this. Susan, thank you so much for the children's books that you sent back with me, I can't wait to show them to the kids!
To all my Nashville friends, thanks for sharing almost every meal with me while I was home. It was good to see your smiling faces and I can not wait to be able to share more time with you when I am home! And even seeing a friend in Atlanta! So glad I got to see you Ashley, thanks for the last minute hosting! I think Maggie had fun too! A special thank you also to Kimmy Bennett for the use of her car! What a lifesaver, I was able to go and visit so many people because of you!
 |
| Mike and Maggie, Tennessee fans! |
Most of all, thank you Mike, for picking me up at the airport, dropping me off and taking off a several days to go do all the things I wanted! Loved spending time with you and hope your birthday was fabulous! (Oh, you are just going to love that you are on my blog!)
No comments:
Post a Comment