Saturday, March 17, 2012

Working Hard, Hardly Working!

The last two weeks have been jammed packed. So full of activities, I pretty much fall asleep around 8 pm. Ha, not much of a social life! I had a quick week break between groups which allowed me to plan for all 4 delegations in March.

  • 28 people March 10th-16th
  • 6 people March 16th-24th
  • 14 people March 16th-23rd 
  • 8 people March 25th-31st
Needless to say things have been HECTIC! But oh so much fun! 

Kansas City delegation led by Karen Yount
Hosting the People-to-People Pilgrimage delegations is such a treat. It gives me an opportunity to help introduce them to Haiti and CONASPEH, get to know people from all over the United States, and to have new experiences of my own at the places that CONASPEH supports. 

Erin of Karen's group and I loving on a little on at a clinic in Carrefour

Groups, Groups, and More Groups: 

Karen Yount is a vivacious group leader and has been coming to Haiti for years. She calls Patrick her son and is a great partner to CONASPEH. One of her group members taught for several days at the theology school; this is a great blessing as the school is often looking for more teachers and it allows the students to take tests to get closer to their certifications. The rest of the group and I got to tour several orphanages and play with kids!

Ruth and Charlie Wallace also brought a delegation here recently. What a blessing they were to Jeanette and I. Ruth and Charlie previously served in Haiti and could offer lots of insight on how things were and where some of the really good pizza places are in Petionville! Their stories from their time here were great and really helped me to be have a better understanding of how things work for missionaries who serve here. They also gave me some very helpful tips on where to take groups!

This past week I was with a group from Iowa who were helping my friends at Bishop Santillus Merillus' orphanage. Last year they came down and worked on the foundation, this year they put walls up. The orphanage now has enough money to complete the project on their own, so I hope that each time I visit I can share the progress with the delegation. They were so excited and loving toward the children. True servants!

Some highlights:

Going to Moulin sur Mar-GORGEOUS BEACH!
Spending the night in a Haitian clinic with a very sick group member
Spending a week with my favorite friends in Haiti-Pastor Santillus' orphanage 
Getting to know some really great people-that's probably my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment